Sonography Technologist - Manhattan
Posted on: April 16, 2019
We Are Hiring Sonography Technologist - Ultrasound - PRN, Rotating
- Via Christi Hospital Manhattan - Manhattan, KSWhy Join Ascension?
Via Christi Health's rich history of serving the people of Kansas
and the surrounding region dates back more than 100 years to the
healing ministries of our founding congregations. Today, Via
Christi Health, part of Ascension, is the largest provider of
healthcare services in Kansas. Based in Wichita, we serve Kansas
and northeast Oklahoma through our doctors, hospitals, senior
villages and health services. What You Will Do As an Associate with
Via Christi Health, you will have the opportunity to perform
diagnostic procedures on patients using ultrasound waves to examine
tissue and body structure, providing quality images for
- Sets up and adjusts all equipment and manually maneuvers
transducers to perform exams.
- Implements safety standards and performs appropriate quality
- Performs routine and complex studies and assists in a variety
of imaging procedures.
- Recognizes significant structures, artifacts, pathology and
- Ensures equipment is properly functioning. Reports potential
problems or equipment malfunction to appropriate personnel.
Lock/tag out equipment if appropriate.
- Ensures prompt submission of high-quality of all images and
documents sent to PACS (image quality, correct lead markers and
- Assists in maintaining a clean, and orderly department to
include procedure rooms, storage areas, dressing rooms, film
storage area and any other areas in department.
- Maintains compliance with regulatory agencies.What You Will
- Required Credential(s):
- BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association
(AHA) obtained within 3 Months (90 days) of hire date or job
- Medical Sonographer credentialed from the American Registry for
Diagnostic Medical Sonography (ARDMS) obtained within 12 Months (1
year) of hire date or job transfer date.
- Preferred Credential(s):
- Radiologic Technologist specializing in Sonography credentialed
from the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT).
- High school diploma/GED with 2 years of experience, or
Associate's degree, or Technical degree required. Work Experience:
- None required.Equal Employment Opportunity Via Christi Health
is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action
employer. Applicants receive fair and impartial consideration
without regard to race, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,
color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status,
genetic data, or other legally protected status. Please see the
link below for more information. EEO is the Law Poster Supplement
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to
individuals who have applied for a position using our official
application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of
employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information
from applicants.E-Verify Statement Ascension Health - VIA Christi
participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program.
Please click the E-Verify link below for more information. E
-Verify (link to E-verify site)
Keywords: Ascension, Salina , Sonography Technologist - Manhattan, Healthcare , Manhattan, Kansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!