Company: Brookdale Home Health
Posted on: June 11, 2021
Overview: Full time Home Health Opportunity in the
Salina, KS area!
Make Lives Better Including Your Own.
The happiness of those we serve is dependent on the happiness of
our associates, so you'll receive competitive compensation and a
benefits package with additional perks designed to make you smile.
The work you do will be challenging yet rewarding. But you'll earn
more than a paycheck; you can enjoy opportunities to grow your
career, as well as ongoing programs catered to your health,
financial, mental, and emotional needs. Most of all, we believe you
can find purpose, meaning, and the chance to be a part of something
bigger than yourself.
Veterans, transitioning active duty military personnel, and
military spouses are encouraged to apply.
We believe that in order to best serve our residents and patients,
we need to first serve our associates. One way we do that is
through our benefits. Our offerings include, but are not limited
Full-time and part-time associate benefits:
• 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan
• Benefit plan package
• Employee Stock Purchase Program
• Pre-tax Commuter Benefit
• Associate Compassion Fund
• Associate Discounts
• Identity theft protection
• Pet savings and insurance plans
• Voluntary benefits available
Full-time associate benefits:
• Extensive Insurance Plans, including medical, dental, vision,
flexible spending account, health savings account and more.
• Paid Time Off
• Adoption Benefit
• Tuition Reimbursement
• Company-provided life insurance and accidental death and
• Voluntary STD and LTD Responsibilities: Provides coordinated
skilled nursing care to patients of all age groups, on an
intermittent basis in the home. Demonstrates accountability and
responsibility in collaborating with the interdisciplinary team to
establish and achieve patient goals and maintain high quality
patient care. Performs in accordance with physician's orders and
under the supervision of the Manager, Clinical Services/Manager,
- Assesses home care patients identifying physical, psychosocial
and environmental needs as evidenced by documentation, clinical
records, case conferences, team reports, call-in logs and on-site
- Completes OASIS, assessment and visit paperwork according to
agency policy. Assures clinical notes accurately indicate
continuing communication and coordination of services with the
physician, other interdisciplinary team members and
- Communicates significant findings, problems and changes to
Manager, Clinical Services/Manager, Clinical and physician, and
documents all findings, communications, and appropriate
- Demonstrates knowledge and proficiency in identifying,
reporting and documenting problems, adverse reactions or possible
complications related to patient care. Recognizes and reports life
threatening situations and responds appropriately. Recommends and
incorporates other disciplines in the care of the patient, as
needed, and under the direction of the referring physician.
- Participates in the development and implementation of the Plan
of Care to ensure quality and continuity of care and appropriate
discharge planning. Establishes Plan of Care in coordination with
the physician, patient, family and interdisciplinary team members.
Incorporates long and short term goals established in the Plan of
Care into nursing care, as evidenced by documentation in visit
- Supervises and provides clinical direction to home health aides
and LPNs/LVNs to ensure quality and continuity of services
- Participates in interdisciplinary patient care conferences and
Agency Performance Improvement processes.
- Receives referrals from physicians, hospitals, clinics,
patients, families and other agencies when needed and notifies
agency personnel on a timely basis.
- Assures the continuity of patient care and coordination of
services through delivery of quality patient care. Performs in a
manner that is consistent with current standards of practice and
with the Agency's policies and procedures. Follows all infection
control and universal precautions guidelines/standards per agency
- Responsible for participating in on-call rotation and emergency
call according to agency policy.
- Demonstrates commitment, professional growth and competency.
Strives to continually improve nursing knowledge base through
individual research, reading, attendance at workshops/professional
conferences and professional organizations.
This job description represents an overview of the responsibilities
for the above referenced position. It is not intended to represent
a comprehensive list of responsibilities. An associate should
perform all duties as assigned by his/her supervisor.
Qualifications: Education and Experience
Graduate of an accredited school of professional nursing and a
minimum of one or more years of home health, public nursing or
acute hospital nursing experience. Familiar with Medicare home
health regulations, documentation requirements, ICD-10 coding and
PPS (Strongly preferred). Demonstrates the ability to make
appropriate judgments based on sound knowledge of nursing
principles, procedures and elements of patient teaching.
Certifications, Licenses, and Other Special
Maintains Continuing Education Units for licensure renewal, as
applicable to state regulations. Reliable transportation and proof
of valid automobile liability insurance. Must have valid driver's
license. Current BCLS Certification prior to providing patient
Uses limited independent judgment to make decisions based on
precedents and established guidelines. Solves problems using
standard procedures and precedents. Knows when to refer issues to
supervisor and when to handle them personally.
Knowledge and Skills
Has a working knowledge of a skill or discipline that requires
basic analytic ability. Has an overall understanding of the work
environment and process. Has working knowledge of the organization.
Expresses verbal and written communication in a clear, positive and
cooperative manner. Ability to maintain privacy and confidentiality
with regard to patient, staff and agency information. Identifies
and resolves problems in a timely manner. Ability to prioritize and
plan work activities. Possesses the ability to make independent
decisions when circumstances warrant such action. Demonstrates an
interest in working with a senior population. Ability to establish
an effective working relationship with all departments and the
community. Excellent organizational and follow-through skills.
Physical Demands and Working
- Use hands and fingers to handle or feel
- Reach with hands and arms
- Climb or balance
- Stoop, kneel, crouch crawl
- Talk or hear
- Taste or smell
- Ability to lift: up to 50 pounds
- Requires interaction with co-workers, residents or vendors
- Occasional weekend, evening or night work if needed to ensure
- On-Call on an as needed basis
- Possible exposure to communicable diseases and infections
- Potential injury from transferring, repositioning, or lifting
- Exposure to latex
- Possible exposure to blood-borne pathogens
- Possible exposure to various drugs, chemical, infectious, or
- Requires Travel: Frequently
Brookdale is an equal opportunity employer and a drug-free
Keywords: Brookdale Home Health, Salina , Registered Nurse, Other , Salina, Kansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!