Company: Gables Search Group
Posted on: July 14, 2021
Our client is a World Class manufacturer of compact
construction equipment, agricultural implements for tillage,
seeding and planting in the United States, as well as a leading
producer of dirt-working, turf-maintenance, and landscaping
equipment with a substantial national dealer network. Their
corporate culture provides a good work-life balance with a
reputation of low turnover, upward mobility, steady sales growth,
and strong financial stability. They are 40 years old with 1800
employees, and are a division of a $4 billion parent company with a
stellar reputation of quality and integrity.
Brief Job Overview:
The EHS Manager will lead a team of 5 managers in planning,
implementing, and coordinating environmental, health, and safety
program to reduce or eliminate occupational injuries, illnesses,
deaths, and financial losses while ensuring a safe and healthy
environment. The scope of this position involves leading a Safety
Culture of 1800 employees in 8 plants, a new start-up plant, 3
R&D engineering/test facilities, 2 parts warehouses, and their
Corporate Office. Position reports to the Director of Human
Specific Job Duties:
- Follows all Company policies and OSHA safety regulations and
wears prescribed safety and protective equipment.
- Plans and implements safety policies and procedures in
compliance with local, state, and federal Occupational Safety and
Health Administration (OSHA) rules and regulations.
- Plans and implements programs to train managers and employees
in work site safety practices, fire prevention, and correct
handling techniques for chemicals, toxins, equipment, and other
- Conducts or directs research studies to identify hazards and
evaluate loss producing potential of given system, operation or
- Prepares studies and analyses of work related incidents and
hazards to health for use by company personnel and outside
agencies. Identifies root causes and collaborates with
Manufacturing and Safety Engineers to implement solutions.
- Leads EHS team in inspecting organization facilities to detect
existing or potential incident and health hazards, determines
corrective or preventative measures where indicated, and follows up
to ensure measures have been implemented.
- Leads Company Nurses in responding to accidents and potential
worker compensation claims. Proactively provides care for employees
to reduce lost time incidents. Provides feedback to safety team on
injury analysis to develop solutions to prevent future
- Leads initiative to reduce lifting, pushing and pulling
requirements in the plants to 35-50 lbs. to improve employee safety
and support hiring our workforce.
- Leads initiative to review all Standard Work for safety
practices and provides update and training to the plant
- Develops incident-prevention and loss-control systems and
programs for incorporation into operational policies of
- Provides information, signs, posters, barriers, and other
materials to warn of potential and actual safety hazards and to
prevent access to hazardous conditions.
- Compiles, analyzes, and interprets statistical data related to
exposure factors concerning occupational illnesses and incidents.
Prepares reports for Corporate EHS team and Manufacturing leaders
and governmental agencies when appropriate. Conducts root cause
analysis and implements solutions to prevent future
- Maintains liaison with outside organizations, such as fire
departments, mutual aid societies, and rescue teams to assure
information exchange and mutual assistance.
- Represents the organization in community or industry safety
groups and programs.
- Maintains safety files and records.
- Leads the investigation of incidents and injuries and
cooperates in the preparation of material and evidence for
organization use in hearings, lawsuits, and insurance
- Manages personnel actions, such as promotions, transfers,
discharges, or disciplinary measures. Resolves worker grievances or
submits unsettled grievances to the human resources director.
- Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university;
or one to two years related experience and/or training; or
equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to analyze journals, technical procedures, or
regulations. Write reports, correspondence, and procedure manuals.
Effectively present information and respond to questions from
groups of managers, customers, and the general public.
- Work with mathematical concepts such as probability,
statistical inference, fundamentals of plane, and solid geometry
and trigonometry. Apply concepts such as fractions, percentages,
ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
- Define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid
conclusions. Interpret an extensive variety of technical
instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several
abstract and concrete variables.
- Computer Skills: Word processing, Internet, Email,
Spreadsheets, Software Concepts, Hardware, Presentations, Graphics,
Annual bonus potential of 15-20% of base salary (consistently
paid for many years)
Keywords: Gables Search Group, Salina , EHS Manager, Other , Salina, Kansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!